What's New

Report a Band

Florida's Waterfowl 
     Florida mottled duck

Habitat Conservation

Waterfowl Hunting

Waterfowl Surveys

Waterfowl Identification Guide




      Federal (US Fish and Wildlife Service) leg bands recovered by hunters can now be reported by calling 1-800-327-BAND (2263) or reported on the internet (see below).  Some bands have the 1-800 number imprinted on them and others do not.  However, ALL FISH AND WILDLIFE SERVICE BANDS CAN BE REPORTED USING THIS NUMBER OR VIA THE INTERNET.

You will be asked for the following information:

  •  band number (you keep the band)
  •  species of bird
  •  hunter's name and address
  • date and location of harvest  
    (should include county and direction and distance to nearest town).

To report a band by phone call Toll Free:  1-800-327-2263.

To report a band via the internet,  visit the USFWS Bird Banding Laboratory web site and then follow the link entitled  "How to Report a Bird Band."   This site provides other excellent information about the North American Bird Banding Program.